Included with the Kit are 100 copies of our Informed Discussions: Civil and Respectful Communication, Discourse & Debate – A Student's Guide brochure.
This 8-page, full-color brochure shows students simple strategies for communicating in respectful, positive ways, especially when discussing tough topics. Showing students a new path towards expression and communication will help you avoid campus incidents and encourage student growth and development.
- How to have informed, civil discussions
- Agreeing to disagree
- The components of civil dialogue
- Using "I" statements
- Building an inclusive community
- Recognizing and avoiding microaggressions
- Engaging in respectful discourse
- Diversity and social justice terms to know
- Recognizing triggers
- And much more!